Physical therapists will examine, treat, and teach you to prevent, correct and limit physical disability, movement dysfunction, bodily malfunction and pain from injury, illness and/or disease. They use physical measures, activities and devices to help you. These can include:
|Orthopedics/ Manual TherapyIntramuscular Manual Therapy (trigger point dry needling)Heat and Massage Therapy
|Cardiopulmonary and Resistance TrainingRecreational Therapy to focus on a return to your previous activity level
Five Program Objectives
- Increase cardiopulmonary endurance.
- Improve muscle strength and endurance.
- Improve ability to participate in daily activities in home, school and community.
- Increase and encourage continued participation in physical education, leisure and fitness activities.
- Improve awareness of abdominal breathing, voice control and/or swallowing.